RE: [linux-audio-dev] DSP resources

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] DSP resources
From: STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 22:42:51 EEST

  you can combine C++ and C easily - most of the C code is valid C++ code so
you can have a basically C program that uses some C++ classes (e.g. complex
numbers).

  you just compile the whole thing using c++ compiler (g++) (I don't mean
the whole project, just the files that use C++ classes)

  for C libraries, use extern "C" { } in include file (most of the standard
C include files already use it (should use it) - see e.g. stdio.h)

  you have to be more careful about typing, some of the 'looser' definitions
are not accepted by C++ compiler.

        erik