Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access
From: brian redfern (nutmeggatron_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 07:02:39 EEST

It should help the sales of the new nostarch press
book on bcast. I have a copy of the last released
source, I've got a download spot for those who want a
copy, just email me back. Personally I'm going to
study the code and use it to teach myself c/c++, as
its very optimized and stable. Then I want to use that
info to work on the ogg/vorbis project, as they wisely
chose to create a non-profit organization to shield
themselves from personal liability. I feel bad for
bcast's author as he's a great coder and doesn't
deserve to be gone after by the system,.
--- Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer_AT_cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
> Sad indeed, and (yet) another reason that the
> expansion of
> ``intellectual property'' laws over the past decade
> or so is so
> counterproductive.
>
> Worst is that the RIAA has demonstrated themselves
> to be such total,
> clueless idiots in the matter. In their fear of
> having a few copies
> pirated, they're shutting down whole markets...
>
> I only run Linux. If CSS hadn't been cracked, I
> wouldn't be buying
> DVDs.
>
> I know, I'm wandering off-topic...
> --
> Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D. Phone -- (505)
> 646-1605
> Department of Computer Science FAX -- (505)
> 646-1002
> New Mexico State University
> http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~pfeiffer
> SWNMRSEF: http://www.nmsu.edu/~scifair