Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access
From: Kevin Hremeviuc (khremeviuc_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 10:08:33 EEST

Hi all,

This is truly sad. This has been one of my favourite
pieces of Linux audio software. I guess their are many
possibilities for this latest development. I think the
fact that Broadcast was always on the edge of the open
source thing ( b2000 that is ), I always thought that
something would happen at some stage.

I think that with the fall of any opposition to market
economics the flood gates were opened on all manner of
hedonistic money making activities. Thus the assault
on intellectual property. How is it that a company can
patent/copyright human dna, viral dna and big
pharmacutical companies can hold South Africa and
Argentina to ransom for aids drugs etc. Surely dna and
cures or treatment for diseases/ailments are the
property of all humanity.

The liability madness is part of this same strange
phenomenon. It's not people going crazy, it's the
craziness of a market economy gone wrong ( not that it
could ever be right ). This culture effects the
general culture, and consequently some non-sensical
behaviour isn't so none sensical after all.

However, this thing with Broadcast could be a ploy to
move to payed for video software. Who knows. Anythings
possible these days.

Kev.

Its most likely his employer (pioneer) told him to