Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access
From: Dan Hollis (goemon_AT_anime.net)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 10:06:08 EEST

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Sander van Zoest wrote:
> I am not sure what to do about it, but I am not surprised and I hope
> there is something we can do to fight this and get our rights back.

Go for the criminal prosecution angle. There is a pretty clear case of
price fixing among the distributors and record labels since 1985 in
regards to CDs. Despite the fact CD production costs have fallen 95% in
16 years, the cost of CDs remains the same throughout.

I heard about some organization pursuing this (europe perhaps?), maybe
it's time to press the issue in the USA.

If Dmitry is going to jail, it's only fair some RIAA executives do hard
time too...

-Dan

--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]