Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access
From: David Gerard Matthews Jr. (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 16:29:34 EEST

> If artists avoid to get contracts with this media industry, this industry will
> eventually be useless. We made them as powerful as they are today, only
> we can take away their power again.
> If artists and consumers are happy (as it seems today) I see no way out
> except for some niches.
>
> matthias
Artists are NOT happy! Maybe Britney Spears is happy with the current
situation, but I would argue that the use of the term "artists" excludes
such people. Most musicians (and film/video people, for that matter)
would love to see a weakening of the RIAA and big record companies.
What it all comes down to is the struggle against The Man :)
But that's (one of) the reason(s) I like Linux.