Re: [linux-audio-dev] VST plug-ins for Linux?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] VST plug-ins for Linux?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 21:08:20 EEST

>Wouldn't having to run plugins with Wine totally kill any hope for
>low-latency, except on maybe a dual 1.2-Ghz box?

probably, except that my point was really that running under Wine
isn't actually viable anyway. besides, its not really "running under
Wine". it would something more like "using part of Winelib to run some
code". either way, it doesn't seem right to me. code that makes calls
in the Win32 API shouldn't be part of a VST plugin. even Steinberg
thinks this, they just understand that many people feel the need to
break the rule.

--p