Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 13:18:17 EEST

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:08:55 +0200

 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de> wrote:

> Phil Kerr wrote:

> > Some other suggestions for widgets:

> > Piano roll / 1 octave keyboard. Just compare the UI on

> Mono to UltraMaster

> > Juno! A piano roll widget which can display from one

> octave upwards would be

> > useful. The ideal would have visual feedback when a

> note is played.

> smurf has a very nice one. it's gtk, though, but it may

> be inspiring

> :)

Yeah, I have often thought a collection of widgets for GTK
would be nice. I like GTK because it uses C and I haven't
bothered to learn the ++ yet :) The piano widget in Smurf
was the first widget I wrote. A lot of these types of
libraries could probably be put together using works from
various programs. The custom widgets I wrote in Smurf are
already abstracted as widgets and could easily be plugged
into another program. I suppose the only useful one would be
the Piano, although the zoom feature on the sample viewer is
kind of nifty it doesn't look good with big samples (no
sample averaging/interpolation or anything). If someone were
to start up a GTK based widget lib, I wouldn't mind
contributing. I would like to see a sample waveform
generator. A widget where you could construct a waveform
using various line types (curves, linear, free form) and the
ability to have multiple segments of different types of
lines. I'm currently using the GtkCurve widget in Smurf, but
its kind of ugly and lacks a lot of functionality I would
like. One more thing to do. Lates..
    Josh Green