[linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?
From: Tommi Ilmonen (tilmonen_AT_cc.hut.fi)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 11:58:03 EEST

Hi.

There are quite a few people making audio and using Qt for GUIs. There are
a few audio-related widget types that are missing from native Qt; waveform
displays, level meters, knobs etc.

I know people have implementations of these (at least I have) and it would
be nice to have such widgets as one high-quality package. Thus I'd like to
ask if Qt-users would like to take part in writing such widgets into a
stand-alone library form ?

Stuff that many of us need:

1) Level meter (with axis information)
2) EQ curve display (with axis information)
3) Waveform display (with properly threaded background preview
   calculations and saves)
4) Knobs (Logic Audio has a few nice ideas in this)
4) What else?

I have (more or less incomplete) stand-alone implementations of topics 1,
2 and 4.

The waveform display is the most challenging one, it probably needs two
parts: A) A threaded engine that calculates the preview files and B) A
waveform renderer that could be used upon any widget.

Tommi Ilmonen.