Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?
From: Phil Kerr (phil_AT_plus24.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 16:19:43 EEST

Hi Tommi, hi List.

This is an area I've been thinking about over the last few weeks but not
having anything to contribute yet I kept quiet. I agree with the list you
provided on what is needed.

Some other suggestions for widgets:

Piano roll / 1 octave keyboard. Just compare the UI on Mono to UltraMaster
Juno! A piano roll widget which can display from one octave upwards would be
useful. The ideal would have visual feedback when a note is played.

ADSR widget. I'm mainly focusing on patch editors for keyboards/modules and
one of the most common features I implement is ADSR blocks. Sure I can group
4 dials/sliders together but an ADSR widget would give a far nicer feel.

A drum grid editor widget. A simple 4 bar implementation of Cubase's drum
grid editor.

I'd like to contribute what ever I can, but I've only been hacking with QT
for about a month now so my skills are still weak.

A suggestion for where to host it. The first place I looked was on the QT
site, then on Freshmeat/Sourceforge. May I suggest Sourceforge as the host?

Regards

Phil