Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio-related widgets with Qt ?
From: Iain Sandoe (iain_AT_sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 16:43:11 EEST

> 4) What else?

(a) It would be well worth looking at what PBD has done for gtk

This might (?) be useful [in the event that a Qt port would be possible for
Ardour etc.] for those who prefer not to have to install a zillion
desktop-related libraries. (OK that's probably flame-bait ;-)

(b) The content of the vstgui library has been driven partly by Steinberg -
but also by a lot of feedback from people implementing plug-ins. So the
'widgets' implied by this are also very likely to be useful.

(c) would it be possible to make the project hierarchical - i.e. a lib
containing the 'simple, low-level' widgets and another for complex ones?

---

I'm not in a position to contribute code right now (all my Linux time is attached to driver devel at the moment - not to mention needing to learn my way around Qt ;-).

However, it would be nice to see Qt support for audio-related tasks.

Of course there's (nearly) always time to make opinions on suggested widgets ;-)))

ciao, Iain.