Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings
From: Kevin Conder (kconder_AT_interaccess.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 23:04:53 EEST

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Steve Harris wrote:

> Not really, XML is designed for that sort of thing. I've used Xerces and
> the Sun one, both were fine.

        Which Sun parser? Was this on Linux? How much memory do you have?

        Interesting. Did you use the C++ version of Xerces? If you used
the Java version, which JVM did you use? I've always hit a brick wall with
memory problems. Did you use some sort of work-around?

        How deeply nested are your tags? Do you use it as a SAX parser or
are you keeping the context throughout your entire file?

> I don't use XSL on them.

        Just wait... XML-FO is no picnic either.

> In this case I think that the application rejecting a settings file
> because its been corrupted is a good thing.

        I think it should try to use as much of the config file as it can
understand. I guess I have a different idea of the end-user experience
than you do. We can agree to disagree on that point.

-- kevin at kevindumpscore dot com