Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: wave display

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: wave display
From: René Rebe (rene.rebe_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 21:41:38 EEST

Hi all.

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:35:12 +0200
"Racz, Mate" <reactor_AT_sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu> wrote:

> >% >The waveform display is the most challenging one
> >% I think that a widget shouldn't create peakfiles. They should be provided to it
>
> i thought about this some days ago.
> i hate peakfiles and i delete them all the time, but
> in the programmer's eyeview, you just need them.

I have no idea where the first mail of this thread can be found ... - but when you discuss
a GUI WaveForm displaying widget I might have some info.

I'm working on GSMP (www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/gsmp) a GPL General Sound Manipulation
Program (some of you might noticed some mails); we have threads that collect the data
for the views - so we do not create some form of peak-files.

GSMP will consist of an WaveEditor and a Virtual Studio App. The 0.01 version
of the Editor will be release in the next days (I hope).
Some more info on the site ...

> --
> Racz, Mate
> linux + IT professional
> audio software developer

k33p h4ck1n6 René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)

eMail: rene.rene_AT_gmx.net rene.rebe_AT_rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.