Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 13:37:14 EEST

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:04:53PM -0500, Kevin Conder wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > Not really, XML is designed for that sort of thing. I've used Xerces and
> > the Sun one, both were fine.
>
> Which Sun parser? Was this on Linux? How much memory do you have?

Don't know which Sun parser, the guy who built that part just said he'd
started using the Sun one (Xerces leaks after about a week).

I have 512meg in the machine I run it on.

> Interesting. Did you use the C++ version of Xerces? If you used
> the Java version, which JVM did you use? I've always hit a brick wall with
> memory problems. Did you use some sort of work-around?

The java version. Blackdowns JVM.

> How deeply nested are your tags? Do you use it as a SAX parser or
> are you keeping the context throughout your entire file?

The data is in RDFS so "deeply nested" isn't realy a sensible metric.

> > I don't use XSL on them.
>
> Just wait... XML-FO is no picnic either.

Neither of these technologies are relevant to ontologies.

- Steve