Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] saving plugin settings
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 16:45:59 EEST

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Steve Harris wrote:

> > We still wouldn't need to specify the ladspa_id within the file though.
> > I'm not against it. It just seems redundent.
>
> Hmmm... I've had too many accidents with dodgy shell scripts and ended up
> with a load of files called 12414.db etc. Being able to put them back in
> the right place is important.

Putting the ladspa_id in the filename greatly simplifies the processing.
We can do load on demand. If you want, I wouldn't mind checking an
internal id to make sure that this is, in fact, the settings for plugin
1123. But I really don't like scanning all the presets at startup or some
such thing.

Taybin