Re: [linux-audio-dev] The fastest desktop environment?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] The fastest desktop environment?
From: David Gerard Matthews Jr. (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 02:56:05 EET

"DeMeo, William" wrote:

> "David Gerard Matthews Jr." wrote:
> >
> please elaborate on why KDE is too bloated for audio. I'm
> using KDE with 256MB and two 400 MHz processors and X averages > > > about 10%
> of system memory and about 1% of CPU usage.
> Please inform...

You are lucky enough to have a dual CPU box. I'm sure that has
something to do with it. Also, I haven't really played around with KDE
since I upped the RAM in my machine (I went from 128MB to 384), so that
might have something to it as well. But all the same, I like to have as
few things as possible going on when doing audio work.
-dgm