RE: [linux-audio-dev] The fastest desktop environment?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] The fastest desktop environment?
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 04:38:01 EET

Personally, I stuck to the KDE primarily due to its extremely
well-implemented RAD toolkits and extremely versatile widget toolkit
(qt). I use it on my laptop on a daily basis (granted, my laptop is a 1
GHz monster, so maybe that is why I do not notice its "bloatedness"),
and have yet to experience sound clipping due to gui manipulation
(granted if I move full-size 1600x1200 window with an OpenGL
animation/application in it, while playing 10 streams of sound, I am
bound to get some kind of a sound-loss, but then again, I do not call
that a normal way of doing a real-time performance either...

Ico