Re: [linux-audio-dev] The fastest desktop environment?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] The fastest desktop environment?
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_www.wava.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 16:16:07 EET

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Dan Hollis wrote:

> Musicians usually use laptops, KDE tends to be a bit of a resource hog in
> the constraints of your typical laptop. It runs great on desktops though.

Hmm. I guess it all depends on what "typical" is. I do much of my
development on my laptop (a Dell Latitude CPx) running KDE 2.x. Works
great.

Cheers!

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen lantern. |
| -- Edgar A. Shoaff |