Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midi Mapper???

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midi Mapper???
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 14:13:37 EET

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:52:13 +0100
Stephane Letz <letz_AT_grame.fr> wrote:

> >Does anything like this currently exist? I've heard of both MidiShare
> >and PortMidi but both seem somewhat vapourish and I can't find any
> >real information on them and what they do.
> >

> You can find info on MidiShare here http://www.grame.fr/MidiShare/

I had a look at this and really couldn't get a feel for what the whole
thing is about. Yes it does sharing of midi ports, but whats all this
memory management and realtime stuff doing in a midi library??? Even
worse, where is the simple example code?

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
J. Headley: "God, root, what is difference ?"
G. Haverland: "God can change the byte order on the CPU, root can't."