[linux-audio-dev] Midi Latency

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Midi Latency
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 22:59:19 EET

Hi People,

I've just started writing a program to test midi latency by looping
midi out back to midi in. On an unloaded system with no extra stuff
gumming up the system I am getting a throughput time of 1000-1100
micoseconds. Very acceptable.

If however I do a "find -type f |xargs -l10 grep yada" on a huge source
tree, the minimum latency stays at around 1000 microseconds but the
maximum value jumps to 14000 micorseconds.

Now where are those LL patches :-). (Don't bother replying , I do know).

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Don't be fooled by NT/Exchange propaganda. M$ Exchange is
just plain broken and NT cannot handle the sustained load
of a high-volume remote mail server"
-- Eric S. Raymond in the Fetchmail FAQ