Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another stupid question: Linux & MIDI Interfaces

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another stupid question: Linux & MIDI Interfaces
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 14:34:03 EET

Hi,
jbackhaus_AT_pironet-ndh.com wrote:

> I've three MIDI Interfaces: Midiman Winman 2 x 2 ISA Card, Portman 2 x 4
> Parallel and
> a Steinberg Midex 8 x 8 MIDI Interface.
>
> I only found drivers for Portman 2 x 4 Serial.
>
> Is there a list of linux drivers for MIDI Interfaces?

As for the Winman 2x2, Georg Hansper from Australia once wrote a OSS
driver for it (his work can be seen at
http://crystal.apana.org.au/ghansper/midiaxis.html), and his code was
integrated into ALSA as "card-serial.c". However, the configuration is
not at all trivial (at least it wasn't when I last tried about 1 year
ago). In the meantime I have a new PC without ISA slots, so I cannot
test this anymore. Asking on the alsa-user mailing list might yield some
help. As for the Midex, I have no idea if they ever released specs or
something (wasn't this topic discussed here recently?).

Greetings,
Frank

--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com), VIONA Development Center
            ST Microelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe