Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creamware Pulsar

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creamware Pulsar
From: iriXx (iriXx_AT_iriXx.org)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 23:33:11 EET

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:05:52 +0200 (IST)
Max Kovgan <smcmaugh_AT_techst02.technion.ac.il> wrote:

> am i in the wrong place ...

nope ;o)))

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Joachim Backhaus wrote:
> > Who uses Linux for producing audio?
> > There is no professional sequencer (like logic, cubase) and no professional
> > audio editor (like sound forge, wavelab).
>
> i thought this list is for people who try to add professional audio
> appliances into linux.
> [i don't mean to be too rude]

me neither... but i beg to differ too... ;o)))
(with the danger of running slightly off topic for a developers list....)

in the rather remote and bizarre world of electroacoustic / academic composition and research... which i guess is where i belong... there is a huge demand for apps like Sculptor, jMax, pd, etc....
logic and cubase are for me "too commercial"... my professional work requires apps that will allow me to analyse the data of a soundfile, and to process it beyond the rather predictable set of plugin effects that most professional commercial sequencers allow....

thats not to say i dont think they're good (i work on Protools too...) but so far only the linux apps have allowed me to do my research....

erm... and have you looked at ardour? (http://ardour.sourceforge.net)

iriXx

info_AT_iriXx.org www.iriXx.org

"... faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we cannot see"