Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creamware Pulsar

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creamware Pulsar
From: David Gerard Matthews Jr. (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 02:43:51 EET

iriXx wrote:

> in the rather remote and bizarre world of electroacoustic / academic composition and research... which i guess is where i belong... there is a huge demand for apps like Sculptor, jMax, pd, etc....
> logic and cubase are for me "too commercial"... my professional work requires apps that will allow me to analyse the data of a soundfile, and to process it beyond the rather predictable set of plugin effects that most professional commercial sequencers allow....

Absolutely! That's my home turf as well, and Unix-like OS's are the
place to be for this kind of work. Give me pd, csound, and Snd any
day. Whenever I sit down behind a mac/doze box running something a
commercial sequencer, I do feel constrained by all the assumptions it
makes. (Kind of like mac/doze in general.) I agree with iriXx that they
have their place, and i also work with protools, but give people ardour,
ecasound, glame, muse, and jack some time and we'll catch up on that
front.
Who cares what Britney Spears uses? What do the people at IRCAM, CCRMA
and NOTAM use?
-dgm