Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware
From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 20:03:44 EET

From: "Pieter" <pieter.palmers_AT_student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:28:43 +0100

Hm. In my planning not. In the firewire case not modification in the
computer would be needed (beside putting a comercial firewire card
into it ...), the DSP would be int the breakout-box, including the
ADDA Converter:

PC <-> PCI-Bus <-> Firewire-Card <- Cable

#### our box ####

Cable -> Firewire IO Chip (if not available in a DSP) <-> DSP <-> ADDA Converters

ok. the our-boy side is much more complex. Only the first idea post
;-) It would be s.th. like:

      Firewire
         ^

Mem <-> DSP

  ADDA-Converter

Here are still very many different possibilities how to connect the
Firewire port and the ADDA-converters exactly. Also some general
purpose 32bit µC might be better to _crunch_ all the data and let a
DSP only compute the (custom) effects ...

> CU
> Pieter

k33p h4ck1n6
  René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #248718 <http://counter.li.org>)

eMail: rene.rebe_AT_gmx.net rene_AT_rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.