Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware
From: Erik Walthinsen (omega_AT_temple-baptist.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 09:41:11 EET

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, John Meacham wrote:

> complety open hardware designs that are sold are really not that rare.
> some examples of how it can be done are
> http://www.bitscope.com/
> (very nice free digital sampling osciliscope. i am building this design into
> the case of one of those cheapo internet appliance computers running
> linux, whole thing much cheaper than a real osciloscope and more
> powerful.)
> and synths by http://www.paia.com/ (also good stuff.)

I'm experimenting with some hardware design that I will be turning into
open hardware. My two projects are firewire-based audio interfaces and a
totally motorized mixing surface. However, I'm not all that good at
electronics, being a CS person, so if anyone wants to help out with it
(mostly the analog end), I'd appreciate it <g>

      Erik Walthinsen <omega_AT_temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
       / \ GStreamer - The only way to stream!
      | | M E G A ***** http://gstreamer.net/ *****
      _\ /_