Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins, fixes etc.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins, fixes etc.
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-music-dsp_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 21:11:00 EET

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:38:14 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 09:32:43 +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > It should be noted however that some of the really famous guitar sound
> > (ie Eric Clapton's Cream work) was done on Class A amplifiers which are
> > not push-pull at all :-).
>
> Well, Eric Clapton is free to bypass that stage then ;)
>
> I'l bet it was a bit warm onstage if it was a pure class A path.

Being overly brief again, I forgot to mention that this was during recording.
On the record he used a Fender Champ amp which has about 15 watts or output.
I've got no idea what he used live at this stage.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Percussive Maintenance: The fine art of whacking the c**p out
of an electronic device to get it to work again.