Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 21:12:29 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

> writing GPL'ed software, and one of the best ways of doing this comes
> from selling and/or partnering with h/w. if the h/w is GPL'ed and in
> free or ultra-low-cost circulation, this option vanishes, leaving only

What about situation when there are no hw manufacturers willing to create
Linux driver nor give documentation to write one?

I would like to have soundcard with multichannel io and multiple user
programmable DSP processors at resonable price. And of course with Linux
drivers. Do you happen to know such device?

I could even find use for "card" with 128 sample-synced input channels and
at least 16 DSP processors.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers