Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)
From: Joshua Haberman (joshua_AT_haberman.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 23:06:51 EET

* Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net) wrote:
> >I would like to code up a proto of the interface though. I was
> >planning on trying to do it with python and something like wxPython.
> >Mostly because Python is my new favorite language and I need a good
> >graphics project to work on.
>
> any chance you'd consider using pyGTK and python?

Why do you recommend this in favor of wxPython, when wxPython buys you
two extra platforms for free (and an easier, better documented API)?

Full Disclosure: I have experience with wxWindows (C++), and only one
short experience with pyGTK. I've been frightened away from trying GTK in
C by looking at existing code and the scant API reference.

Joshua

--
Joshua Haberman  <joshua_AT_haberman.com>