Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software patents -> EVO consequence ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software patents -> EVO consequence ?
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 16:15:20 EET

> I'm living in germany / europe does that mean
> that I can ignore the US patents since we
> have a different patent system???

That's exactly the point now, isn't it?
Richard Smith is in the US.
Benno is in Italy.
[others maybe]

What would be the consequences for Benno coding against US patents?
(assuming EU stays in the line for a while)
And for Richard contributing?
And for all of them, when source code is released?
What could happen?

my 2 cent,
tobias.