Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 16:28:53 EET

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Paul Davis wrote:

> >Thats actually a good point... I guess the answer is if 2 GB is
> >enough RAM to have enough channels to overload the CPU and IO
> >bandwith of the host. Things like GigaSampler allow you to layer and
> >a bunch of instruments into one channel.
> >
> >It would still limit you when using things like GigaPiano which has a
> >_huge_ sample size for each piano.

What about dynamic sampling?
i.e. different samples for different velocity ranges?
Is that already included in *one* .gig-sample?
I've never played with GigaSampler, so I dunno how they look like.

At least I can imagine, that you will always be able to increase the
throughput proportional to the "sound quality" (by higher quality samples,
layering of multiple samples, and younameit.), so I'd like to see the
cached HD sampling.