Re: [linux-audio-dev] alsa/usb

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] alsa/usb
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 20:12:00 EET

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

[ ... w/ ALSA going to 2.5 kernel]
>>> What's going to happen with usb audio/midi support ?
> But it does register itself to the OSS subsystem (to
> drivers/sound/sound_core.c) like all other sound drivers, so it _is_ part
> of OSS. But basicly if ALSA provides (does it?) the soundcore services

.. and yes it does, alsa-driver/alsa-kernel/sound_core.c. So based on
this, I'd say USB audio will continue to work even after the ALSA merge.
Don't take my word on it though, as I'm not a ALSA/OSS developer nor have
I ever used USB-audio under Linux. :)

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!