Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)
From: Sage (sage_AT_gypsycaravan.org)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 23:19:52 EET

It's my understanding that if a patented technology is proved to have been
in use by someone other than the holder of the patent, before the patent was
filed, then the patent itself is void. I could be wrong - it may indeed
just be that whoever was using the technology before the patent was filed
gets to keep using it. I'm too lazy to look it up. :)

I do, however, know that in either case, that claim has to be proven. And
that takes a court. And a lawyer. And money. So just because you're in
the right, even if you have the means to prove it, doesn't mean you won't
escape any patent dispute without a hefty legal fee.

I have no idea why I typed all that. You guys all already know this. :P

I'm new here, by the way. Hi. :D

Sage