Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 23:09:16 EET

Hello. We have prior art for keeping beginnings of samples
in memory for instant play in context of multitrack audio.
People have also written jingle players which keeps the start
in memory and loads the rest from disk.

My first Linux program (at 1995) was a sample player which with
I could assign samples to keys and play the samples by pressing
the keys --- by pressing a key multiple times, the same sample
was played with multiple instances (i.e., the previous instance
was not turned off). The design was also to keep beginnings of
samples in memory, and read the rest directly from the disk, but
I just were not able to implement it with my programming skills.
No public documentation either....

Best regards,

Juhana