Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA
From: Max Kovgan (smcmaugh_AT_techst02.technion.ac.il)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 19:14:16 EET

dear list, this is what i've found at echo audio site,

Where are the BeOS drivers? Due to a lack of useful audio applications,
Echo has regretfully decided to suspend driver development for BeOS for
the time being. However, we are planning to release our core C++ driver
library as open source. This will allow BeOS, Linux, or BSD enthusiasts to
pursue writing their own drivers, should they choose to do so.

Are you going to make Linux drivers? At this time there is no scheduled
time for the development of Linux drivers or release our code to the open
source community or outside developers. We do plan on doing this sometime
soon.

-=O0~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O0=-
   "He took his vorpal sword in hand:
    Long time the manxome foe he sought -
    So rested he by the Tumtum tree.
    And stood awhile in thought."

                  [L.Carrol "Jabberwacky"]

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Richard W.E. Furse wrote:
>

> > I'm not aware of any likelihood of *any* of these cards (or my old Gina)
> > being supported on Linux any time soon, although few technical teams I've
> > spoken to don't seem unfriendly - it seems more a matter of resource.
> > Comments from ALSA/OSS folk appreciated...
>
> The ALSA card matrix lists Echo as being hostile to the idea of open
> source drivers. Or at least, they refuse to release any information about
> them. Which is too bad since they look like nice cards.
so i hope all my "not nice" remarks will be not true "sometime soon"

:)

> Taybin

Max.