Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!
From: Tim Westbrook (iondiode_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 01:39:36 EET

I am not that familiar with the DJ realm, are 'dubplates' something
you could find anywhere? (dj shops)

How does this work anyway ? my guess
    The vinyl is burned with a audio frequency clock signal
    The box 'listens' to the signal from each turn table
    The box sends the processed timing information to the pc
    The PC sends the file to the sound card (or the box) at the
specified rate (direction) and mixed based on the audio level of the
"Clock sound"

?? is this right

> does in pd with very little c (actually one external)
>
> works fine for me, could be improved, if anyones interested I'll
> clean up the mess and put it up somewhere.
> (you'll need a dubplates though)

How would you control this other than a purely software solution? Or
is that part yet to be .....

Anyways, This is way cool!

-Tim