Re: Giftware mechanics, was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA

Subject: Re: Giftware mechanics, was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 13:01:28 EET

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 10:11:37AM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 06:59:46 -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > > Erm, it doesn't really make any difference who has to pay!
> >
> > Sure it does. Traditional stores eat credit card fees all the time.
> > They do it because they know they'll sell more if they allow credit
>
> OK, but if I'm trying to donate money to Paul, it doesn't really bother me
> wether there surcharging me or taking a slice, its still excessive (I do
> think it reasonable they take a cut, just not tht much).

Well, OK, I don't really want to debate this... I agree that the
Amazon 15% fee is really extravagant. And aside from their having
provided inadvertent seed money to Linux Audio Systems, it's hard to
think of any reason to want to give money to Amazon!

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com