Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALL RIGHT!! linux support comes first!!
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent_AT_ulyssis.org)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 19:27:55 EET

>I've had a *very* quick look on the EU Patents site,
>http://www.european-patent-office.org, and I couldn't see anything.
Didn't find anything in the name of Stanton Magnetics ...

A quick look revealed following patents (get your ActiveX browser ready ;()
http://l2.espacenet.com/dips/viewer?PN=FR2784492&CY=be&LG=nl&DB=EPD
This is a French patent and awfully generic.
You could argue though that in 'our' system a control signal is generated regardless of touching the disc.

http://l2.espacenet.com/dips/viewer?PN=WO9701168&CY=be&LG=nl&DB=EPD
This one uses an optical sensor, so this is ruled out too.

If anyone can find more related patents, that would be cool.
Anyway, reading through these patents can be very funney sometimes :)
(ever heard of underwater headphones ? :)
Now I know why there are patent attorneys ...
There is a _lot_ you can discuss and interpret on these patents.

>They are based here in Munich so if anyone finds something intereresting
>and require a paper copy let me know (before Weds as I leave the town on
>Friday) and I can fax it off.
Cool :)

best regards
vini