Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] Question regarding multi-channel capable apps in Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] Question regarding multi-channel capable apps in Linux
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 03:16:17 EET

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:56:48PM -0800, Matthew Wishek wrote:
> What about SLab? While I have installed it, I haven't used it. It doesn't
> seem to get much attention, is there any reason for that?

Might be partly that it was closed-source for most of its life. We
tend to ignore closed-source stuff around here... 'cuz when it's
buggy, nothing can be done.

I tried slab sometime around 1998 (version 2.something?) and while it
looked initially impressive, I was never able to get any work done
with it. Looks like it's evolved some since then, and now all source
is available. Might be worth a look.

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com