Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reference amplitudes and LADSPA (again)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reference amplitudes and LADSPA (again)
From: Paul Kellett (paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 21:24:47 EET

> input = (float)read_from_soundcard() / 32767.0f;
> input = run_plugin(input);
> write_to_soundcard((short)(input * 32767.0f));

... but please make that 32768.0f !

I forget the reasons, but there was a long argument about it either
on music-dsp or vst-plugins. It's a very small difference, but an
important one if for example you are performing noise shaping on a
float signal just before it is converted to 16 bits, or if you just
want an accurate "over" meter.

Paul.

  m a x i m | digital audio

    http://mda-vst.com