[linux-audio-dev] Re: IP concerns

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: IP concerns
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 21:38:43 EET

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 19:43, Garin Hiebert wrote:

> What would concern management the most would be to find out that a board
> manufacturer (someone with a box next to Creative boxes on a store shelf)
> were making inroads against us by having superior Linux support, but your
> data is still appreciated...

I assume you've seen this?

http://www.rme-audio.de/english/linux/alsa/alsa.htm

"ALSA support for the Hammerfall breaks the annoying chicken/egg
principle: no professional hardware/driver - no professional software...
RME is proud to be a part of this first big step for Linux towards a
professional audio usage. Possibly bothered by the Hammerfall's
appearance on the Linux scene, some of our competitors have now followed
our example."

Bob

--
Bob Ham: bob_AT_ham.org

My music: http://mp3.com/obelisk_uk GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org/ Do your bit for UK drugs law reform: http://www.angeldeclaration.com/

A pessimist expects the weather to get worse. An optimist hopes it will improve. A realist adjusts the sails.