Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sampling patent

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sampling patent
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 20:18:20 EET

>From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi>
>
>Could somebody check details of old Akai S1000 and S3000? In quick
>search in the web I found nothing about playing from hard disk
>directly.

There was an article in Google's Usenet archive:
"As a bonus this model will play audio of any length up to the capacity
of a 500Mb hard disk rather like a hard disk recorder. You can still
play the samples while it is streaming audio from the hard disk. There
is a 300ms delay on start but for longer effects this often won't
matter."

Heh heh.

Juhana