RE: [linux-audio-dev] Re: IP concerns

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Re: IP concerns
From: Pieter (pieter.palmers_AT_student.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 16:19:31 EET

for the record:

the documentation released by Atmel/Dream is of no use at all when
developing
drivers. Actually, the only use of these documents would be a brief intro
to their chips. Not usefull for hw developement, not usefull for SW
developement.

And they don't release the info either. I assume you have to pay big
bucks...
This is why there are no drivers for the maxisound isis e.g.
The guy that made the SAM9407 driver had to lobby about a year and sign
several NDA's,
to get enought info on the chip.

Pieter