[linux-audio-dev] Language lab capabilities on a cd

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Language lab capabilities on a cd
From: James Elmendorf (elmendor_AT_ucsg.edu.ec)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 05:19:09 EET

I am trying to find out if it is possible with linux to make an audio cd that can do the following:

1) a student hears a phrase from the cd

2) the student repeats the phrase into a microphone

3) the student hears the original phrase in 1 and their repeated phrase in 2 so that they can compare their version with a native speaker.

I have researched all over the internet and can not find how to do this but I have seen cds that do.

Please send any help to elmendorfjl_AT_yahoo.com