[linux-audio-dev] better news from linus

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] better news from linus
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 03:37:10 EET

on linux-kernel and other mailing lists:

  My main reason for being silent on it has been that I've been doing other
  things. I'll be merging ALSA in the not too distant future, but it's not
  been a high priority for me like some of the other stuff I have spent my
  time on..

                Linus

yee-hah! no more "well, OSS is the standard" as the standard BS excuse
for writing apps with an API that we've learned over was the wrong
design.

now if we could just get him to accept all of andrew m.'s lowish patch...

--p