Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 10:17:09 EET

Hi,

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Frank Neumann hat gesagt: // Frank Neumann wrote:
>

>>This looks like a sad issue: There were plans to incorporate Buzz
>>machines (http://www.buzzmachines.com) into Soundtracker, and there even
>>was some code for it in CVS, but the development has stalled for quite a
>>while.
>>

> I don't give much about these Buzz-Maschines. In fact, I have set up a
> decent working environment now by using PD as a synthesizer and sample
> player, controlled by Shaketracker. IMO this beats Buzz by miles ;)

The difference being that buzz machines are prebuilt, hence much easier to use
for a musican. (Though pretty limited I would agree.)

Which brings me to a question, is there a library of patches for Pd available
somewhere?

>>Soundtracker is one of the packages I'm looking at daily (cvs
>>get), but there was complete silence since some time in August 2001.
>>Does anyone know whether the author, Michael Krause,is still alive
>>and/or working on it?
>>

> There's the soundtracker mailing list, archived at geocrawler. This should
> be the place to look, if development still continues. I think, it does, but
> I haven't looked in quite a while.

If I'm not mistaken the buzz-machine inclusion in soundtracker was more or less

just a proof of concept. I'm not sure Michael Krause intends to finish it, but
he will have to answer that himself.

Regards
/Robert