Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 18:50:14 EET

Frank Neumann hat gesagt: // Frank Neumann wrote:

> This looks like a sad issue: There were plans to incorporate Buzz
> machines (http://www.buzzmachines.com) into Soundtracker, and there even
> was some code for it in CVS, but the development has stalled for quite a
> while.

I don't give much about these Buzz-Maschines. In fact, I have set up a
decent working environment now by using PD as a synthesizer and sample
player, controlled by Shaketracker. IMO this beats Buzz by miles ;)

> Soundtracker is one of the packages I'm looking at daily (cvs
> get), but there was complete silence since some time in August 2001.
> Does anyone know whether the author, Michael Krause,is still alive
> and/or working on it?

There's the soundtracker mailing list, archived at geocrawler. This should
be the place to look, if development still continues. I think, it does, but
I haven't looked in quite a while.

Ciao,

--
                                                 __    __