Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas
From: Charles Iliya Krempeaux (tnt_AT_linux.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 04:27:38 EET

Hello,

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 06:35, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> > On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 10:35, Stefan Kost wrote:
> >

> >>What I would like to suggest is to
> >>
> > [ .... ]
> >
> > If you're new to the free software community (including the l-a-d
> > community,) one thing you'll have to get used to is the fact that
> > suggestions on doing things aren't really much good. You need to do
> > them instead of talking about doing them :)
>
> I am definitely not new to the free software community. An dI know what you are talking about.
> My intension of the announcement was to easily find out if something like this already exists, if
> there are any major objections and obviously if someone has an better idea for the foundry name ;-)

Well, we definitely need a place where Linux Multimedia developers
can "come together". (I'm assuming you're dealing with all
media -- audio, video, text, etc -- and not just audio.)

The closest thing to it, that I know of, is the #gstreamer IRC channel
(on irc.OpenProjects.net). But it's not quite the correct place.

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux
     tnt @ linux.ca