Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 18:50:45 EET

One thing I forgot to answer:

>Another thing, does jack support pitch for hardware that has it?

JACK doesn't directly interact with audio hardware at all. Only a JACK
driver does that. At this time, the only existing driver is written to
use the ALSA API to interact with audio interface hardware. It doesn't
know anything about "pitch" control, and I've seen nothing in ALSA
that relates to it either.

I've never come across audio hardware that has this feature, and I'm
not sure I'd want to. You can't, for example, use external word clock
with such a device (not without some hairy firmware on the hardware),
which means it would hard to use it in any multi-digital-h/w setup.

--p