Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] introduction & ideas
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_www.wava.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 20:28:01 EET

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Paul Davis wrote:

> I've never come across audio hardware that has this feature, and I'm
> not sure I'd want to. You can't, for example, use external word clock
> with such a device (not without some hairy firmware on the hardware),
> which means it would hard to use it in any multi-digital-h/w setup.

Some very high-end cards (e.g. Digigram's PCX boards) can do this sort of
thing. It is, as you say, very hairy, using proprietary APIs to access
the onboard DSPs, and is most emphatically not currently supported under
Linux. :(

Cheers!

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen lantern. |
| -- Edgar A. Shoaff |