Re: [linux-audio-dev] vox clamantis

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] vox clamantis
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 18:24:13 EET

Nick Bailey wrote:

> Flex is a crok, isn't it? Shame people still use it really. They
> dropped yacc and lex, but when the next generation (eg puma and rex)
> came out, they didn't move on. I guess bison/flex were just good enough.
>
> Sometimes you can just declare the missing variable somewhere and it
> works (!) I've seen that before!

Hi, Nick !

Well, I got the !@#$$ thing to compile by deleting the reference to
yylineno. See below...

> You meant -ll, not -l, right? Isn't it -lfl if you're using flex?
> There seems to be a libl too though...

No, I meant -l. I looked up information on yylineno on-line, the
specified flag was simply -l, not -ll. The flex -l flag apparently
"...turns on maximum compatibility with the original AT&T lex
implementation". See this page for more detail:

        http://www.gnu.org/manual/flex-2.5.4/html_chapter/flex_20.html

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net