Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and JACK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and JACK
From: nixx (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 20:22:38 EET

On Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:56:22 -0600 (CST)
Kevin Conder <kconder_AT_interaccess.com> wrote:

> But, IMHO, these projects aren't finished yet. Without a GUI
> standard, the LADSPA specification is half-done. I can appreciate the
> discussions that have been held so far. I just haven't seen much > movement lately.

This is very true. A vst-stlye abstracted GUI interface is a big part of a plugin arcitecture, but how can we decide which to use? with different people wanting to use different toolkits (gtk, qt, flty) and different languages (c, c++) maybe it is better to let the plugin draw its own window. IIRC, the DXi plugin spec. goes down this route.. but then the plugins require more work to port..

damn, now i feel like starting a thread about this.. :-/

-nick d

nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk